ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
|Abstract Submission opens||January 1, 2021|
|Abstract Submission deadline||February 14, 2021|
|Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection||Early March 2021|
|Iasi Arrhythmia Forum 2021||March 30 - April 04, 2021|
- Clinical arrhythmology
- Implantable devices
- Interventional electrophysiology
- Syncope and sudden cardiac death
IAF 2021: Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Abstracts must be submitted via myIAFabstract (online abstract submission services). Abstracts sent by fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English. Please use UK spelling and have your abstract proofread
- The submission deadline is Sunday, February 14th, 2021. No further extension will be possible. Abstracts should contain new and original information, not published elsewhere prior to April 04, 2021.
- Authors are asked to comply with the rules for editing abstracts. Abstracts that do not comply with these editing rules will not be accepted.
- In order for the submission of abstracts to be validated, the first author must complete the registration formalities and pay the congress participation fee if necessary (after Feb 01, 2021), this allowing the submission of a maximum of 2 abstracts for a single author.
- 6. The submission of the abstract is the formal commitment of the author regarding the presentation of the material in the form, session and time decided by the Scientific Committee. Any change in the author’s intentions regarding this presentation must be sent in writing to the Conference operator, SC Focus Event SRL, at the email address email@example.com. If the original author cannot support the presentation of the abstract, it is his duty to ensure that one of the co-authors will take over this role. The participation fee paid by the original author will not be canceled / returned, but will be validated for his replacement.
- Authors should include their presentation preference: virtual oral or poster. The Scientific Committee will decide the final method of presentation
- After submitting your abstract, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with your abstract title. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The corresponding author is responsible for informing other authors about the status of the abstract.
IAF 2021: Guidelines for Abstract Editing
A maximum of 200 characters, including spaces, typed in lower-case letters, except for abbreviations and study names.
If your research has been granted any commercial or institutional support, you will be asked to list these under Disclosures in the submission process. Please prepare a one-sentence statement for this purpose.
ABSTRACT AUTHORS AND INSTITUTIONS
Your abstract must list at least one author in order to be submitted. Please note that the first author should be the abstract presenter by default.
This is a mandatory step. You may fill up to two institutions for each author.
Abstracts submitted on animal studies must comply with the Directive2010/63/EU.
Any medical research involving human subjects must conform to the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association. We remind you that the patient’s photo should not be used, and the patient must never be identifiable in your presentation.
The abstract will be structured using the following headings:
The maximum abstract length is 300 words.
Do not include in your abstract:
- Tables or figures.
- The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks is strictly prohibited. Instead, use generic drug names. Drugs should be referred to by their active substances or pharmacological designations.
- Company names and locations.
- Websites and email addresses.
- The grading and selection process is blind. The title and body text must not contain identifying features such as: Names (authors or others), Names of the institutes (hospitals, medical schools, clinics…), Cities.
Do not include grant acknowledgements in the abstract content. Use the appropriate field.
Limit the use of acronyms and abbreviations. Define at first use with an acronym or abbreviation in parentheses.
Abstract grading / results
All abstracts are blind and will be reviewed by the members of the Scientific Committee of the Congress. The final selection will be made by the Congress Scientific Committee, which will determine the format, day and time of presentation for each abstract. No rescheduling or changes will be possible. Accepted abstracts will be scheduled as E-Poster or Moderated E-Poster.
All abstract submitters will be notified by email in early March 2021 about the outcome (accepted or not accepted) of the review-and-selection process. Please ensure that the email provided is accurate because all correspondence will be sent via email. If the abstract is accepted, instructions and guidelines concerning the abstract presentation will be provided online.
Publication of abstracts
All presented abstracts will be published in the online abstract volume of the Congress accredited by Romanian College of Physicians.
AFFIRMATION OF ORIGINALITY
By submitting your work to Iasi Arrhythmia Forum 2021:
- You consent to have authors’ names and affiliations used in connection with the publication of your work.
- Author(s) represents and warrants to the Iasi Arrhythmia Forum 2021 and its organizers that he/she/they is/are the sole author(s) of the work, that all authors have participated in and agree with the content and conclusions of the work, and that the work is original and does not infringe upon any copyright, proprietary, or personal right of any third party. The submitter hereby affirms that the work submitted is original, except for extracts from copyrighted works fully authorized by the copyright holders and that all statements declared as facts are based on thorough examination and investigation for accuracy.
- Submitted abstracts should not have been published in any other journals and/or online publications nor presented at any previous congress.
The submitter signs for all co-authors. He/she accepts responsibility for the present rules for submission and presentation on behalf of all co-authors.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
All presenters must display a slide at the beginning of their presentation (at the bottom of the poster for Poster Presentations) indicating disclosure information for themselves and all co-authors, as applicable, or to indicate that they have nothing to disclose. Please state ‘none’ if no conflicts exist.
A potential conflict of interest may arise from various relationships, past or present, such as employment, consultancy, investments and stock ownership, funding for research, family relationships, etc.
Abstract topic: Please select the category under which the abstract should be reviewed after consulting the list of topics (see the list).